South Africa is the only country in the world where you must have a license when getting married. But many couples don’t know where to get one or what to do to get one. You do not pay for a marriage license. Home Affairs will give you one free of charge. If you would like a copy in future, you will need to pay a fee. You need to apply for this at Home Affairs. Fill in an application form and take it to your nearest Home Affairs An application takes 6-8 weeks, so make sure you apply well in advance of your big day.

For further information, and to download the application, click here: